The thriving Qi ecosystem
• Qi has a global installed base of 150+ million devices worldwide.
• More than 90 smartphones are Qi-enabled from today’s top handset manufacturers and more coming all the time. There will be some major announcements coming at the Mobile World Congress 2016 in February about new high volume mobile phones launches with Qi built-in.
• There are more than 930 Qi certified products on the market , including mobile phones, tablets, Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth headsets, blenders, gaming joysticks, transmitters and receivers to various different environments.
• More than 230 Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) member companies in 20 countries are designing and creating Qi products that are offered worldwide. Some members include Aircharge, Belkin, Dell, Haier, IKEA, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Panasonic Philips, Samsung, Sony, Verizon, among many others.
• There is a worldwide network of Wireless Power Consortium-authorized certification labs to ensure that products bearing the Qi logo are always backward compatible and interoperable.
Qi Powering the consumer Journey: in cars, hotels, restaurants, airports and a range of public spaces
• More than 25 models of cars now offer Qi charging, including: Audi A4 and Q7; BMW 7 Series; Cadillac ATS Cadillac CTS, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac SRX; Chevrolet Cruz, Volt, Tahoe and Suburban; GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali; Jeep Cherokee; Lexus NX and LX570; Mercedes-Benz E-Class; Nissan Maxima; SsangYong Chairman (South Korea); Toyota Avalon, Camry, Noah, Hamler, Land Cruiser, Prius and Tacoma.
• With the rollout of Qi in restaurants, hotels and airports, the entire travel experience could be supported by wireless charging – from the bed-side charger, to the car, to the office, airport and hotel.
• There are more than 4,000 public Qi charging locations and the list grows daily. Major brands like McDonald’s, Marriott, Ibis and many more have built Qi into their properties. Airports around the world are deploying Qi charging stations. Businesses like Facebook, Google, Deloitte and Cisco have built Qi into their corporate offices.
• Aircharge Qi wireless charging locator Smartphone-App available to push traffic to retail stores and help consumers to find public locations to top up their phones around the world.